looking for hope in the whirlwind


I feel very disoriented this holiday season.
I just got home after finishing my first semester of college,
which has been flooded with too many things to ever explain in 60 seconds.

I'm thankful to be home, but it's hard to be home.
School is so good, but it's also so exhausting.
My heart is full, yet completely empty.

I decided to take 20 walks/hikes while I'm home for this (almost) month, in hopes of reorienting my mind+heart.

I don't know if I need to be feeling more or less.
I know know if I need to talk or be quiet.
I don't know how I can focus on the gift of Christmas, when my prayers feel... scattered.

So I'm looking for Jesus in the confusion.
I'm looking for hope in the whirlwind.

5 comments

  1. Merry Christmas, Elissa! I’m sorry I don’t comment here very much: I just never know what to say. Your posts always leave me speechless!

    I'm glad you got through your first college semester! Good luck in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this feeling too. And walks are the best. You can do it girl! I hope the holidays prove refreshing for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get you, girl. This post was so refreshing to read!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously relate to this. I remember coming home from college one year feeling so disoriented and unsure of everything. During those times, it was always best to rest. Hoping that your Christmas will be very peaceful and full of great memories! Oh, and Merry Christmas Eve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just want to give you the biggest hug. <3

    ReplyDelete