hike 4

Today I took my forth hike, out of twenty.


things you should know about hike four:

I stalled until it was about to get dark /
I did this by laying in my bed, thinking about what an unmotivated person I am, and how I'm never going to take twenty hikes /
At the beginning of my hiking conquest I decided a walk by my house down by the water would count because:
     a) it's nature-y
     b) I don't want to always have to drive somewhere


thoughts from hike 4:

Getting out of bed is the hardest part
Wear your ugly clothes: it literally doesn't matter
If you feel disgusting, wear a hat so no one will recognize you
Listen to music or a podcast if you don't feel like being 100% silent
There are a lot of interesting things to look at that you don't notice simply driving by
Sometimes all God requires is that we be obedient, and keep putting one foot in front of the other

6 comments

  1. I absolutely love the idea of taking 20 hikes! I feel like that is such a wonderful goal and it's cool that you are collecting your thoughts on the hikes and just like thinking things over! I always feel refreshed after a run or walk and sometimes come back from those times with similar points of clarity. These are glorious photos and I totally second wearing a hat to disguise yourself in public! Sometimes you need to just go and get out there and listen to a podcast and take a deep breath of fresh air. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking 20 hikes is such a great idea. I live in a townhouse in the middle of my city's downtown, and while I love being in the middle of the city, I wish it were easier for me to just walk out the front door and slip out into nature. It looks so beautiful and serene out there, like it's the perfect place to either do some really good thinking or really relax + let your thoughts melt into nature.

    Lovely post <3

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea, Elissa! I am so proud of you.
    Nature is an amazing thing. We absolutely do miss SO much when just driving by.
    Gorgeous photos!!! The color scheme is insanely beautiful.

    Sophy of SophysLighthouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep putting one foot in front of the other, sweet friend. proud of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a good idea -- the idea of 20 hikes. I have been a lot less active than I normally am and I think I should dedicate to doing 20 hikes or so sometime this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and inspiring. I love your blog and you as a person!

    ReplyDelete