flying into unknown


Right now I sit on an airplane, leaving my home and community to attend university across the country. 
The plane is bumpy, and I know my future might be also, contrary to what I’d like to believe. 

My heart aches thinking about the community I leave behind, and my family that will fly back in a few days. 

But I leave full of confidence, knowing God has called me to this school, and I rest in the truth that he controls the unknown. 

I remember my identity is not found in the things of this earth, but in Jesus Christ and his death and resurrection. 

And I pray that I would be filled with all strength, courage, and peace as I fly into the clouds, not sure what the ground looks like

15 comments

  1. Great reminder, Elissa! Good luck at university!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nicole- I totally appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. good luck!!!! you will do awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your journeys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful reminder!

    I will be praying for you for safe journeys and a fulfilling, wonderful year of new adventures. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got this! I'll be praying for you.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you in this new journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOO exciting!!! I flew for the first time last May and loved it - be sure and give us a recap when you return. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are so brave! Know that God's got this, He is with you every step of this new chapter.
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete