alone in a crowd


have you ever been somewhere so full of intelligent, competent, sociable people,
that you feel like you have nothing to contribute?

have you ever felt alone in a sea of bodies,
wondering if friends are out there?

yeah.
me too.
it's a lonely, vulnerable place to be.

but the thing about this place full of people,
is that God provides.

He gently reminds us we are qualified to be where we have been called

He guides us to those painful memories, gently whispering that no one else can tell our story

He walks into the new, unknown, unexpected moments filling us with the peace that passes all understanding

I'm learning that when we ask,
God will give us our daily bread,
not leaving us alone in a crowd.  

9 comments

  1. Thay really struck a chord with me, Elissa! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. New beginnings always feel this way. College has felt like that at the start of the year for me every year. But hang in there! (: God is gonna guide you. These words are wonderful. (ALSO adore that picture. Walking up the stairs moving forward is fitting.)
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I relate so much to this post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been struggling through this a lot this past month. Always love your words, friends. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful - I really needed this this morning. XOXO

    ReplyDelete